Frequently Asked Questions
What type of Continuing Education Credits do you offer?
We are approved to offer a variety of Continuing Education certificates. However, not all programs are approved for all types of CE/CEUs. Each program — live or Homestudy — is clearly labeled with the type and number of credits offered.
Here is the list of continuing education credits we offer:
- Continuing Education Credits (CEs) – Psychologists
- The term “CEs” refers to Continuing Education Credits earned by psychologists. To offer CE for psychologists, programming must follow the criteria established by the American Psychological Association (APA). Most licensing boards accept Continuing Education Credits sponsored by APA; non-psychologists are recommended to consult with their specific state-licensing board to ensure that APA-sponsored CE is accepted.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) – Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists
- The term “CEUs” refers to continuing education units earned by mental health disciplines including LCPCs, LCSWs, and MFTs. Programs offering CEUs for LCPCs, LCSWs, and MFTs at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology follow the criteria outlined by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) and the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS).
- Professional Development Credits (PDCs) – Human Resource Professionals
- The term “PDCs” refers to Professional Development Credits earned by Human Resource professionals. To offer PDCs for human resource professionals, programming must follow the criteria outlined by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Continuing Professional Development (CPDs) – School Psychologists
- The term “CPDs” refers to Continuing Professional Development credits earned by school psychologists. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology’s School Psychology Program is approved by the National Association of School Psychologists. To offer CPDs for school psychologists, programming must follow the criteria established by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
- Continuing Professional Development Units (CPDUs) – Educators
- The term “CPDUs” refers to continuing professional development units earned by educators. Programs offering CPDUs for educators at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology follow the criteria outlined by the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE).
- Continuing Education Clock Hours (CE Hours) – Counselors
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology – Online Campus; Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) program is an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 3036, with the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC). Sessions that qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology – Online Campus; Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) program is solely responsible for all aspects of the sessions.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) – Applied Behavior Analysts
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Department is an Authorized Continuing Education (ACE) provider, ACE provider number OP 08-0178 with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board. Sessions that qualify for ACE CEUs are clearly identified. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) program is solely responsible for all aspects of the sessions.
- Continuing Education Credits (CEs) – Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists
- The Office of Continuing Education at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology has been approved as an AASECT Provider of continuing education credits. Provider number 23-519-CW. These CE credits may be applied toward AASECT certification and renewal of certification. Completion of this program does not ensure or guarantee AASECT certification.
The type of CE/CEU I need is not listed on the course I want to take. What do I do?
Many licensing agencies will accept out-of-state or APA CE Certificates towards continuing education credits. Some states place limits on how many credits can be earned via online trainings. Please check with your specific licensing board to determine the acceptability of the credits being offered.
How do I know my state’s renewal requirements?
While we recommend visiting your states licensing board’s website, most licensing requirements can be found here.
Does The Office of Continuing Education offer student or other discounts?
Yes, OCE offers student, alumni, and faculty and staff discounts for most programs. Please email [email protected] with the name of the program for which you would like a coupon code.
How do I register for a live or Homestudy program?
Once you have selected the program you would like to register for, select the “click here to register for this course” button, found at the top of the program’s information page. You can then either add the program to your cart and continue shopping, or pay from the product page by selecting the “PayPal” or “Venmo” button.
I’ve registered for a live session> Will I have access to the Homestudy?
Registering for a live event does not guarantee access to the recording of that event. While many of our partners opt to share access to their recordings via the Office of Continuing Education at The Chicago School Homestudy site, some do not. Please email [email protected] with any questions.
How do I obtain my Zoom link for an upcoming webinar or access my Homestudy session video?
To view your Zoom link or Homestudy session, please follow the instructions below:
- Visit https://tcsppofficeofce.com/my-account/
- Sign into your account
- Click the “My Courses” icon
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the name of the course
- Read through the course information and click on “Lesson” to access the Zoom link or Homestudy recording and course materials
I have to do something in the middle of a live training. Can I still receive credit?
Attendees must be present and engaged for 85% of the live training time or more to receive credit.
How do I access the quiz for the program?
- Sign into your Office of Continuing Education account by visiting: https://tcsppofficeofce.com/my-account/
- Click on “My Courses”
- Click on the name of the course
- Scroll to the lesson and quiz for this session and click quiz (Lesson –> Quiz)
- Enter password for the quiz (received through email for live sessions or after viewing the recording for Homestudy)
My password isn’t working for the quiz. Please help!
Make sure that you are using the password assigned for the quiz — not your login password for the Office of Continuing Education website. After verifying your completion of the program (attendance and participation of a live program or viewing of full video recording for Homestudy), you will be issued a quiz password for the session through email (live session) or course portal (Homestudy). Passwords are case sensitive.
Getting Started with the Office of Continuing Education Website
Accessing a Course & Getting a Zoom Link
This video shows users how to log in, access their courses, and retrieve Zoom links for live programs.
Completing a Quiz & Evaluation
This video shows users how to move through the required components of our online courses.
Accessing & Downloading Your Certificates
This video shows users how to retrieve and download their certificates.
Searching Homestudy Courses
This video shows users how to search courses offered on our Homestudy platform.